The smartphone scene is speedily developing, so are the mobile apps. As new devices and OS forms are being launched within months so programmers are endeavoring to stay aware of the speed of this revolution by delivering new apps to the public within the weeks.
As a result, mobile application testing turns out to be more complicated and challenging.
Phone applications are focused on a particular functionality and are required to give a superior user experience. Any bugs with quality will be distinguished by the end client and could lead to an enormous loss to the success of the app.
In case that you require to verify the stability of iOS and Android applications, at that point, you should employ the following brisk test scenarios.
1. Functional Testing Scenarios
- Assure the required fields are not shown on the screen as discretionary.
- Assure the mobile works in multitasking mode when needed.
- Verify the correctness of the page scrolling over scenarios.
- Review the best navigation presence between vital application modules.
- Guarantee the introduced application does not hinder the ordinary activity of different applications and does not use their memory.
- Verify that the amount of adjusting errors is minimal.
- Verify the app’s automatic startup is right.
LOOKING FOR A DEDICATED TEAM TO ENHANCE YOUR PRODUCT’S QUALITY
2. UI Related Scenarios
- Verify the dimensions of the right image are shown in a good manner with Orientation.
- Verify that all Spell check is right on alert, error messages, error popup, and so on.
- Verify that Spinner (Size, Types) ought to be adjustable according to the screen.
- Verify that the app Logo ought not to be blurred and the title of the App ought not to be inaccurately spelled.
- Verify that On Taping (Single Tap) Application Logo, Application Splash must display and it must not show up more than four seconds.
- Verify that any sort of text ought not to be cut off.
- Verify that the app should not perform wrong activities while performing or considering by making user input while the handset or app is busy with rendering or processing. There should be no incorrect response by the Application.
- Verify that each screen ought to be visible for the time related to easily read all its data by jumping between screens of an app.
- Verify that error messages should clearly reveal to a user the features of the issue and show what development should be done (where suitable).
- In case that the screen takes over 5 seconds to display the page or result, it ought to contain a progress bar so the user understands the process is proceeding.
- When the screen allows the changing of information without saving, it must incite users to preserve in case that they move to another screen or record.
- If the user removes an item, it’s a smart strategy to verify the user with the delete confirmation alert.
- Ensure the test cases search for spelling or grammar errors.
3. Compatibility Testing Scenarios
- Incoming calls, text messages, or notifications are your common examples of interrupt circumstances. You require to check how the app’s behavior when the interruption concludes.
- Validate that the app goes out in the background through an incoming call. You will need one more mobile to do this.
- that the alarm function is activated whenever the application is running.
- Verify if the mobile can store, get and send messages while the app is running. To check this also you will need another mobile.
- Check what happens when the interruptions occur, and you must report these difficulties to the business teams to ensure that precise action is taken to prevent users from getting irritated.
4. Carriers Testing & Network Connectivity Testing
- One added test scenario that is required to be taken into account is the performance of features may differ from one carrier to the other. So, examine how the application is working at all the devices of the 2G, 3G, and 4G networks.
- Check error messages, for instance, “Network Error” if there is an event of an inaccurate network error.
- You must try to test applications on some of the big carriers, like Verizon, ATT, TMobile, and Sprint.
- Verify that how the application behaves when connectivity is failed or suddenly shifts from 4G to 1G.
5. Security Testing Scenarios
- Do an agile QA test on flows that include personally identifiable data and information input required from the user.
- Double-check the data is sent over reliable channels and is encrypted every time. Also, check that it doesn’t get saved on the user’s side at any point.
- Verify that data is not leaked through the log files.
- Assure that all web data transferring to and coming from the application to the server-side is guarded.
6. In-app Purchase Workflow Test Scenarios
- Characteristics of services must be available after a successful purchase.
- Time of billing period and data about your subscription must be designated as per terms.
- Verify that the app will deduct a subsidized price while purchasing the subscription.
- Ensure the app supports payment exchanges through the payment ways Mastercard, Visa, Paypal, and so on.
- Pricing information must be presented as per area-specific currency and needs to confirm whether the defined price has tax excluded or included.
7. Recoverability Testing Scenarios
- Approval of the viable application recovery situation post accidental crash/interference conditions.
- Check how the app manages a transaction amid a power failure (i.e. Battery dies or a sudden manual shutdown)
- Verify the procedure where the connection is interrupted, the system has to be restored for retrieving the information.
8. Usability Testing Scenarios
- Ensure that the buttons ought to have the necessary size and be reasonable for big fingers.
- Check that the app gives a method to undoing or returning an activity, on tapping the incorrect item, in an acceptable time period.
- Validate that all strings are changed over into proper languages at whatever position a language translation feature is accessible.
- Verify the app prompts the client while downloading a lot of data that might not be approving for the performance of an app.
- Assure to not display menu options that are not available for the setting users are as of now using.
- Verify that Font size ought to be compatible.
- Verify the accessibility of the user manual.
In a nutshell
Most people are observed relying on smartphones and tablets like never before. This makes it extremely necessary to have an easily navigable, attractive, and lightweight mobile App at hand.
The only chance is to include robust mobile app testing. So that’s all for now! These are specific situations where mobile app developers require to keep under consideration and test accordingly when it arrives at delivering robust mobile applications.
At TestUnity, we strive for the highest quality in every project, and our professional QA specialists are ready to ensure it. Contact us if you’re looking for a dedicated team to enhance your product’s quality.
Testunity is a SaaS-based technology platform driven by a vast community of testers & QAs spread around the world, powered by technology & testing experts to create the dedicated testing hub. Which is capable of providing almost all kind of testing services for almost all the platforms exists in software word.