With the wave of digital transformation, cloud adoption has increased dramatically. Software development is one of the few niche markets that wholeheartedly embrace the cloud. From collaborative development to access, the cloud offers endless opportunities for software developers.
Cloud provides developers and testers with the tools to test their solutions and deploy bug-free solutions. Performance testing is the key to high-quality software solutions, and the cloud provides greater flexibility and scalability for this testing.
This guide will explain what performance testing is and the ideal strategy to get the best results.
What is Cloud Performance Testing?
It is important to answer what a benchmark is before proceeding. Cloud performance testing is an integral part of the quality assurance assessment. This helps determine if the application will work as expected in the cloud environment.
Testing identifies system bottlenecks that impede performance. It will look at application performance during peak loads versus times when the load drops significantly.
In the cloud performance benchmark, all parameters are tested in the cloud environment using different workloads. The cloud allows software testing teams to increase or decrease workload and scale resources to meet different environmental scenarios in real time.
Key Benefits of Cloud Performance Testing
Let’s look at the key benefits of performance testing cloud applications in different environments with different workloads.
- It is an easy-to-setup and hassle-free form of cloud testing. Not too complicated, and
- to test performance under different workloads in different scenarios, but the cost will be high. Testing the performance under different workloads in different scenarios can cost a lot. However, with cloud app testing, companies can release a high-performance application within the budget
- In a cloud environment, the total number of users and the workload of an application can be easily scaled up or down.
- With the growing number of businesses working remotely, cloud performance testing allows businesses to test their performance anywhere
- Cloud solutions are integrated to Satisfy multiple customers and requirements without compromising quality.
- You can easily add or remove infrastructure based on your results.
- You can use the necessary hardware to evaluate your application without implementing it.
EMPLOY THE RIGHT CLOUD TESTING STRATEGY FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION WITH TESTUNITY
Types of Cloud Performance Tests
Here are all the cloud performance tests you should run when evaluating your application before launching. Make sure you understand the performance tests in each case.
- Load Test: It is important to check how your application performs under various load conditions. You should test your application’s normal and maximum performance by adding or removing users.
- Stress Testing: If an application is designed to handle multiple requests simultaneously, it’s important to check if it can handle the request. Stress testing will examine the impact of increased demands on application performance. If it crashes, the report will identify the cause and identify a solution.
- Latency test: It is important to check how long it takes the application to move data from one point in the application to another. This will determine how many seconds or minutes the user has to wait and if it affects the experience.
- Browser Test: This test checks that the system is compatible with different browsers
- Failover Test: This test determines if the system initiates calls to additional resources in case the load exceeds a predetermined amount
- Capacity Test: This test will help to determine the maximum amount of traffic a system can handle at any given time.
- Soak Test: This test is used to determine if the application can handle a heavy load for an extended period.
- Infrastructure Test: In this test, each part of the system is separated and tested individually. This helps determine if the isolation segment can provide the desired performance.
Cloud Performance Testing Strategy
It is important to create an appropriate strategy to help achieve ideal cloud performance testing results.
Determining the Scope of Work
Before beginning the actual testing process, it is important to understand the scope of work. What do you plan to cover on the exam? Are you planning to increase the load to a specific level to check your application’s performance?
View test requirements, development team business goals, and ultimate performance goals. What answers does the app need?
At this point, you should review your software and hardware configurations to ensure that you have a perfect test production environment.
Create a test plan
Create test cases based on your understanding of performance testing objectives. You will need to design tests for different scenarios. You will need to determine the expected outcome of each scenario. At the same time, you need to define the metrics and reporting basis for each test case.
The next part of the strategy is to create a production-like environment for your application. You must implement the same hardware and software configuration as the software application. It’s best to identify hardware devices and test environments for any use cases you design. Make sure you have the right monitoring tools in place to investigate your software applications. This will help detect and report bugs later.
This is the most important part of your cloud performance testing strategy. You should test each test case you write individually. Analyze every piece of data you receive as part of your results.
Monitor and Fix Errors
At this point, you need to analyze the results, monitor the application, and fix errors. This is an ongoing testing process.
You may need to investigate the cause of the performance error. It’s also a good idea to check if the app returns the same error or if it’s a one-time issue before reporting it.
We have seen what a performance test is and the different types of tests you should run. Cloud performance testing can improve user experience, ensure the application works normally under heavy load and can withstand threats. The cloud offers a range of tools and promises to provide a beautiful environment for proper performance testing.
When it comes to QA, nothing is better than having the correct people in charge. That’s why we make sure that everyone on our team is qualified and accredited on some of the industry’s best practices.
At TestUnity we have an expert team of QA Engineers. This enables us to give our clients the support they require to make sure that their software hits the market in the right circumstances. Contact us for a free consultation and see why TestUnity’s QA approach is the best choice for your software.
Testunity is a SaaS-based technology platform driven by a vast community of testers & QAs spread around the world, powered by technology & testing experts to create the dedicated testing hub. Which is capable of providing almost all kind of testing services for almost all the platforms exists in software word.