Are you tired of browser compatibility problems causing issues for your users? If so, you’re not alone. A recent study displayed that more than half of all website visitors would abandon a site if it didn’t function perfectly on their chosen browser.
This is where Selenium WebDriver comes in handy – it can assist you in rapidly testing your site across numerous browsers, assuring that everyone has a good experience.
Keep reading to understand how Selenium can assist you with your cross-browser testing requirements.
What is Selenium WebDriver?
Selenium WebDriver is a free and open-source tool that enables you to write automated tests in nearly any programming language to affect user interaction with a website. Using Selenium, you can automate your functional or acceptance tests and conduct them in various browsers (including IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari) against the same test scripts.
Benefits of using Selenium WebDriver
Selenium’s cross-browser testing ability lets you determine and repair bugs fast. You run a single test script across all browsers and monitor the results coming in. By executing your tests in parallel across numerous browsers, you can see exactly what each browser considers the page should look like, which indicates that you don’t have to spend time trying to recreate test scenarios for various browsers.
Another benefit of using Selenium WebDriver is that it’s easy to use. You don’t require to learn any browser-specific programming or have a complicated toolset – you can write tests with your existing programming knowledge and operate them with a single, simple command. In addition, you don’t have to write different scripts for each browser by utilizing a standard API to interact with all major browsers.
LOOKING FOR A DEDICATED TEAM TO ENHANCE YOUR PRODUCT’S QUALITY
Tips for optimizing your cross-browser testing method
Now that you understand what Selenium WebDriver can do for your cross-browser testing, here are a few tips to assist you to optimize your method:
- Create test scripts as modular as possible – rather than writing one big hand with all the test programming, write small modules so that each module includes only one piece of a test. For example, if your script requires creating a login and checking whether the username is available, don’t place these two steps together in one module – rather, divide them into different modules that you can conduct across different browsers.
- Employ the same programming language for all modules – this will make it simpler to re-use code from one module in another.
- Create your modules easily reusable – you like to take the programming code you employ for one module and use it in other modules without having to rewrite it by hand, so ensure that each module is documented and obeys uniform coding measures. This will create it much simpler when you come back to compose more test scripts.
- Conduct all your tests in parallel – even if you don’t have numerous test machines, you can employ the cloud to conduct all your tests in parallel against several browsers at once. Upload all your test scripts to an online selenium testing service l, and they will automated tests while driving each browser against your test scripts- and provide you the outcomes in a dashboard.
- Enhance your test scripts with feedback – if you’re not certain that your test scripts are excellent, then ask for help from an external source. One method to do this is to set up selenium testing services, which will let people log bugs and problems directly within your test scripts. This way, you can quickly resolve any bugs in your test suite before they become an issue for end-users.
- And there you have it – with the help of Selenium WebDriver and some best-practices procedures, you can optimize your existing cross-browser testing method to ensure that everyone has a good website experience.
Also Read: 10 Most Efficient Cross-Browser Testing Tools In 2022
Although the procedure of optimizing your cross-browser testing capabilities can take some time, it will be useful in the long run, particularly if you want to assure that all users have the most satisfactory experience while utilizing your web application. By employing a test automation tool like Selenium WebDriver and following these procedures, you’ll shortly be able to develop better test suits, repair bugs faster, and deliver a smoother web experience for everyone.
At TestUnity, we have a team of expert QA who deliver quality web testing services to top companies worldwide. Our testers are proficient in numerous automation frameworks and tools, including Selenium, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, C# / Python / PHP /Java / PERL, etc. We are also an expert in manual testing, load/performance testing, security testing, and database testing. In addition, we are known to deliver high-quality, round-the-clock services for product upgrades, regression testing & project development.
Testunity is a SaaS-based technology platform driven by a vast community of testers & QAs spread around the world, powered by technology & testing experts to create the dedicated testing hub. Which is capable of providing almost all kind of testing services for almost all the platforms exists in software word.
Leave a Reply