Salesforce is a top software company and one of organizations’ most common cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) systems. The platform offers multiple integrations and customization possibilities. You can employ it to design an ideal solution to help you expand your business.
Although Salesforce’s flexibility is one of its key benefits, performing continuous testing, which is crucial for assuring that your Salesforce application is functioning as expected, can be challenging.
What Is Salesforce Test Automation?
Automated testing normally involves writing scripts that run against your code and specifying if various parts of your application work as expected. Automated tests are developed and run with the help of software. They help catch problems before they reach end-users and eventually allow businesses to accomplish a high level of quality.
Salesforce test automation is especially an automated testing process adjusted to cover the advanced complexity of all the various components that make up a Salesforce application.
Salesforce test automation is essential because it will help you:
- Notice errors in your Salesforce application, including within custom code;
- automate repetitive tasks without having to spend valuable time and human resources;
- limit manual testing to circumstances where it’s required, resulting in less human error and less budget spending; and
- ensure that existing functionality is functioning as expected.
Advantages of Salesforce Test Automation
There are several advantages to executing automated testing in your Salesforce instances.
Increased test coverage: You can conduct hundreds of tests with automated testing. These will let you cover various scenarios, leaving no stones unturned. With Salesforce’s regular updates, testing almost the whole of your application and confirming that it adapts to those updates without problems is necessary.
Increased accuracy: Manual testing for hours at a time is a tiresome task and can easily lead to errors. Automated testing allows you to eliminate the human factor. This ensures that all test cases are conducted continuously and with high accuracy.
Early problem detection: Test automation will help you notice problems within your Salesforce instance before; before they become more severe and impact your business.
Acquiring valuable insights: You can also automatically generate reports with automated testing. These deliver useful insights into the performance of your Salesforce application elements. Based on the consequences of your tests, you can modify your testing strategy and concentrate your efforts where you recognized potential problems or where you consider crucial.
LOOKING FOR A DEDICATED TEAM TO ENHANCE YOUR PRODUCT’S QUALITY
Challenges of Salesforce Test Automation
After looking at the advantages of Salesforce test automation, let’s discuss some of the challenges.
Salesforce is a powerful platform with hundreds of various features you can integrate. This improves complexity and makes Salesforce’s tests very difficult to automate. Below are some of the most important considerations you need to understand.
- Custom applications: Salesforce is highly customizable and can be tailored to meet your requirements. Countless combinations are possible, and creating full test coverage is very difficult, particularly for complex configurations. Unless you have the proper tools, a big piece of your application might be left untested.
- Regular platform updates: Salesforce revamps its platform several times a year. While this is significant since it creates the product better, it challenges automated testing. Updates can impact your tests, so it’s important to be aware and repair them if any errors happen.
- Shadow DOM: Salesforce uses the shadow DOM element, letting you place objects behind it. Although it’s useful for multiple reasons, including cross-browser compatibility, it makes it challenging to discover an element, which is an important part of user interface automation testing.
- Dynamic elements: Salesforce utilizes multiple dynamic elements that vary when a test script runs, making it hard to locate and test. Maintaining Salesforce tests is much simpler with a good locator technique.
Which Automation Tool Is Best for Salesforce Testing?
People also ask which automation tool is best for Salesforce testing. As mentioned before, Salesforce is a rather complicated platform with multiple unique characteristics. An automated tool to test Salesforce effectively and in-depth needs flexibility and powerful abilities.
Can Selenium Be Used for Salesforce Testing?
Selenium is a popular tool for executing automated tests across various platforms and web browsers, and it supports multiple programming languages. Although you can utilize Selenium for Salesforce testing, it’s not the most efficient alternative. You require advanced coding skills to write tests, and it doesn’t function very well with shadow DOM, making it unreliable in numerous cases.
Salesforce is the de facto head of the customer relationship management world. Thousands of companies depend on Salesforce to conduct their daily operations. Therefore, testing Salesforce efficiently has become an absolute necessity. It will save you time and money, and eventually, it will help you improve the quality of your business. Automated testing is a powerful weapon in your arsenal that’ll let you recognize vulnerabilities before they threaten your daily operations.
TestUnity enhances software testing productivity by assuring thorough test coverage, intuitive workflows and interface, and most of all, automation at your fingertips. We provide the testing services on-demand, serve with projects of any scale, and are ready to start with a few days’ advance notice. Choose to team up with a QA services provider like TestUnity. Our team of testing experts specializes in QA and have years of experience implementing tests with different testing software. Get in touch with a TestUnity expert today.
Testunity is a SaaS-based technology platform driven by a vast community of testers & QAs spread around the world, powered by technology & testing experts to create the dedicated testing hub. Which is capable of providing almost all kind of testing services for almost all the platforms exists in software word.